Our local knowledge makes the difference for your bespoke holiday through New Zealand or Australia. Your Journey Down Under starts here.
Are you experienced in sales, business and relationship development? Are you enthusiastic about travel and have an eye for the details that make the difference between a good place to stay and something exceptional? Are you commercially driven, organised and have strong interpersonal and communication skills to develop strong, well founded two way relationships? And are you seeking a fun, dynamic role where there is space for personal development, responsibility and initiative? Are you independent but also wanting to be part of an industry leading team of innovators? And, have you travelled off the beaten track in Australia and New Zealand?
TravelEssence is a mid to high end travel specialist based in the Netherlands, with sales activities in 6 European countries, including Germany and the United Kingdom. We focus on small unique places to stay and things to do away from the masses. We are regarded as Europe's main, and most innovative Down Under specialist. We send our European and UK clients to Australia and New Zealand on bespoke, tailor-made holidays where they get to experience Down Under through the eyes of the locals. We focus on sustainable, authentic, small-scale experiences and properties, run by enthusiastic passionate hosts.
Due to ongoing expansion and growth, we have decided to open a New Zealand based office to better seek and develop new supplier relationships. We believe in personal contact with our accommodation and activity hosts, thus you need to be able to contact and visit suppliers throughout New Zealand and Australia.
As a Business Development Manager you are actively looking for the most special locations and places in New Zealand and Australia for our European and UK travellers. You are supported by a strong professional and experienced team to maintain and manage the ongoing relationships.
- You actively look for new small-scale accommodations and activities in New Zealand and Australia to support our company growth
- You know the difference between good and great tourism experiences
- You negotiate competitive price agreements and commercial terms
- You agree contracts and terms
- You build long-term relationships with our suppliers and maintain our commercial terms to ensure mutual success
- You visit new locations in New Zealand and Australia often
- You also maintain close contact with our Marketing team to promote our new products in the various markets
- You support the Manager to achieve our overall objectives, which may include other projects and related activities.
You are our ideal candidate if you are commercial, service-oriented and goal-oriented. You must also be able to easily negotiate with our suppliers. It is important that you work autonomously and accurately, and that you are able to set priorities and take responsibility.
Skills and capabilities
- Strong relationship development skills
- The ability to ask questions and gain understanding of our small suppliers’ needs
- The vision to see how we fit our suppliers needs
- Commercially driven, and enjoy working with targets
- Strong written and oral communication
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy, able to prioritise competing demands, and feel responsible to get the job done
- Plays role as part of the big picture
Working for TravelEssence means:
- A professional environment to work in
- Working with international colleagues
- The opportunity and need to travel throughout Australia and New Zealand
- Flexibility to work remotely from home
- Development, growth, responsibility
- A relaxed, informal, open environment with a good work life balance
- You are part of a highly innovative and respected organisation
- A competitive salary with achievable targets and bonus
Our team is based in Wellington, though we are on the road often and work remotely from home.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Janneke Hoff. If you have any questions first, you can contact her via email: email@example.com
We would love to discuss your dream journey